Thread: Passes with unified sampling

Default Passes with unified sampling

Hi,

I have a problem with my passes. I need an antialiased depth(z) channel. I tried several ways to create a z channel: The normal cameraDepth pass, a custom depth pass with an inverted samplerInfo->pointCamera.z and a customColor pass with the same data.

All pases show the same pattern if I use unified sampling, without unified everything is okay. I have contrast all buffers turned on, but no change. I hope you can see what I mean. I attached the simple maya file.

This way these passes are simply unusable. But I hope there is a solution and the problem is on my side.

I hope someone knows a solution for this problem. Thanks.

prob.jpg
    unifiedPassProblem.zip

Just tried it with maya 2013 and it seems that the problem is solved.

Correct, fixed in 3.10.1.2

Unified Sampling in 3.10 should also be faster than 3.9 and have cleaner edges than 3.9.1 (Anywhere from 10-20% faster with the same settings)

You may be able to reduce your quality settings and still get a cleaner image than that setting would have given you before.

It is also better at ignoring dark areas of a scene when using an advanced light like Native IBL or user_ibl_env.
    "Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance."

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you over the head with experience."

http://elementalray.wordpress.com/