Thread: Iray Rendering Issues

Lightbulb Iray Rendering Issues

Hello Friends,

i m new to iray. well i made an interior scene using all Arc- Design Materials in Max 12 & rendered the scene in Iray.

I used 5000 Itrations. But still my Image is not very Clear. It still Has lot of noise. i am uploading the image for ur look. Kindly help me.

[IMG]L:\render 01.jpg[/IMG]

Hi Valmik,

Your image doesn't seem to have uploaded successfully, could you try again?

daniel

Valmik,

When it comes to interior scenes with Iray they take a massive amount of time to render ( unless you have a very powerful computing environment ) First, what are your system specs? Second, what types of lights are you using? Third, is your model to real world scale? Fourth, are you rendering through a camera?

I know some of these questions may seem obvious, but the more information the better. Also your image did not upload, could you re-upload it?

David
    Last edited by asylumtheory; April 12th, 2012 at 17:29.

Lightbulb

David.

i am listing my all details of computer Config. & Scene done in Ma

Computer config:- Core i7. 950
    16 GB ram
    1gb Graphic Card GTX 560ti. Nvidia

The scene done in max12. with normal Day light system. no other lights are used & materials are only Arch & design.
    & Yes i m using normal Target Cam.

Sorry For previous Attachment.

do Let me knw what can be done.

thanks for ur reply guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Valmik,

That's quite a complex scene you have there: all of the lighting is coming through rather small (relatively) windows, and has to bounce on the blinds before it can affect the scene - or go through the blinds, if they're translucent? You also have a lot of reflective caustics on the desks and the glass wall.

Firstly, I would recommend using daylight portals, which work starting with 3ds max 2012 SP2. We also made some very useful improvements to daylight portals in 3ds max 2013, so you might to give it a test drive.

Secondly, I recommend doing some test renders without the blinds. If those work out better it may be helpful to tweak the blinds to make them easier to render. If you give me a hint of what material they're using, I might have some suggestions.

Finally, you have a lot of white materials in the scene, try to make sure they're not too white - i.e. try to keep their reflectivity below (0.8, 0.8, 0.8 ), for a start.

Let me know if this helps.

daniel
    Last edited by dlevesque; April 12th, 2012 at 18:26.

Hey Daniel.

extremly thankful for ur feedback. Well at early stage when i made the scene, there were no blinds. my scene was looking a bit empty so added blinds. n the materials used for blinds is, normal offwhite color whitout any transperancy & transluency, Roughness of 0.2 & 0 reflectivity.

the second thing i would like to know is, do u mean not to use daylight system & instead of that need to use Sky Portal. well i dnt mind using it, but will it give me feel & look of a sunlight falling into a room.

Well Daniel if u see. my scene no doubt takes sme time to render. but it still has sme noise on it. i want that problem to get solved. i dont mind increasing the no. of Itrations frm 5000 to 10K or may b more than that. But will that Solve my Issue??

thanks a Lot

I don't mean to tell you not to use blinds, but it might be interesting to see if blinds are part of the problem.

The daylight portal feature is used in addition to a Sun & Sky. It doesn't affect the look of the scene, it merely hints iray as to the direction of the openings, making it render more efficiently and typically reducing the noise. Also it would be helpful to put the daylight portals in the areas where there are no blinds covering the windows.

For difficult scenes, it's not atypical to require more than 5000 iterations. Enough iterations should solve your problems, but I couldn't give you an exact amount. You might set it to unlimited and check in with the result once in a while.

daniel

hey Daniel, thanks a lot . will suerly try wat u told me & will get back to you.

thanks.