Thread: Maya_exr_longname

Default Maya_exr_longname

In Maya 2012 (from initial to SP2) with OpenEXR 1.7 it should be possible to create framebuffer/pass names that are longer than 28 characters with the MAYA_EXR_LONGNAME render flag. But it doesn't work - has anyone had luck with it or can confirm that it dosn't work.
    http://download.autodesk.com/global/...ber=d28e124277 - at the bottom.

Hi,

the mental ray version 3.9 coming with Maya 2012 has OpenEXR 1.7 integrated. However, if Maya actually passes its frame buffer names in full length rather than cut off is up to Maya. This is a question that Autodesk should be able to answer since they take care of the mental ray integration. I will try to find out myself...

Best, Steve.
    Last edited by steve; April 11th, 2012 at 13:18. Reason: typo

@Steve, thanks for replying.
    Since I have posted this here I have heard back from AutoDesk and it looks like It's a bug in Maya. If the long exr string is set on the system level environment it works (I haven't tried it my self) but not if it's set in the Maya.env or via mel (which is the way I tried in the first place). But it was also mentioned that there are not many programs out there that supports 1.7 - even Nuke, but Flame should.
    So even if the issue get's fixed it would not help as much as I have hoped since nuke and proexr doesn't support 1.7 anyways ... So there is a bug somewhere, but it's not important.
    Again thanks for your reply!