PDA

View Full Version : No GPU available ? -gputrace ?

jozefdobos
February 3rd, 2011, 16:03
Hi,

I installed 64-bit RS on Win7 server with two Tesla T10 cards visible.

In the logs I get:
1.0 HWRC rend info : GPU scheduling is on.
1.0 HWRC rend warn : No GPU available. Hardware Rendering will be disabled.
I believe I installed all the required libraries

in C:\mental images\RealityServer Developer Edition 64-Bit\nt-x86-64\bin I can see:
- cg.dll
- cgGL.dll
- cudart64_30_14.dll

So I think I have all the libraries needed if I'm right.

I also installed the realityservice.exe as described in the install-rs.pdf to prevent GPU issues with the Win RemoteDesktop. The same pdf mentions -gputrace option, but I'm not sure how to run it as running the startup script doesn't do anything different.

Cheers,
Jozef

ardenpm
February 3rd, 2011, 23:55
Are the cards in TCC mode? Is there a Quadro card somewhere in the system? Note that Tesla cards do not support OpenGL rendering under Windows with RealityServer and not with any application if they are run in TCC mode.

The TCC mode will make any cards invisible to Windows as OpenGL devices and only available as CUDA compute devices. This is a special mode of the driver and is further documented in the NVIDIA driver release notes.

However, please note that iray should still work, you should see other messages separately reporting the number of CUDA devices that have been found. The message you see means that OpenGL based GPU rendering will not function on that configuration.

Regards

Paul Arden