PDA

View Full Version : Framebuffer output for DGS

gemini_187
April 23rd, 2005, 02:36
Hello bart,
thanks for your reply, i am using maya 6.0 (shame). The advice was helpful and im very grateful. I wondered if could pose another question to you, im using MR DGS materials in maya 6.0. When using the multipass rendering options i find that the outputs dont evaluate properly. Does anyone know a quick solution for this problem? My alternative is to write an output shader, which i have done already, i've rebuilt the DGS material with new calls to mi_fb_put etc. However im not sure when or what are the actual diffuse, gllosy, spec variables after the shader calcs, its seems that everything is accumulated in *result.
Please help me....

Avinash

bart
April 23rd, 2005, 05:42
Since this is no longer about FG, lets restart this in another section. I'm guess ing Shaders Advanced is the place to put this.

bart
April 23rd, 2005, 05:57
OK. I'm not sure what you mean by not outputing properly.
Are you handling primary vs. secondary material?

In the DGS shader, yes, all parts of illumination calculation get added to result. There's no reason you couldn't separate them out into a variable before adding them to result. And then use that variable to write out to a framebuffer.

One thing to keep in mind. The mi_fb_put() actually puts out the result for the sample in which it is calculated. Those samples are then used to construct the pixels that end up in the framebuffer.